The NASA Learning Technologies Project (LTP) is
NASA’s educational technology incubator. LTP funds activities
and collaborates with endeavors that incorporate NASA content with
revolutionary technologies or innovative use of entrenched technologies
to enhance education in the areas of math and science.
NASA content refers to information that highlights
NASA’s personnel, facilities, and missions from one of the
Biological and Physical Research
Space Flight, Human Exploration and Development of Space (HEDS)
Space Science and Astrobiology
The Learning Technologies Project couples the entrepreneurial
talents of the education professionals, commercial industry, academia,
non-profit enterprises, educational foundations, and NASA enterprises
to develop educational technology that enables, empowers, and educates
learners of diverse backgrounds, characteristics, and abilities.
Support the widest possible dissemination of educational
technology that engages and immerses the learner in compelling scientific
and mathematical concepts utilizing NASA data.
Efficiently develop world-class educational products,
- Are poised for the widest possible market diffusion, that inspire
- Use innovative methods or emerging technologies
- Address educational standards utilizing NASA data
These products account for diverse learning environments whenever
applicable and wherever possible.
- To cultivate and develop innovative technology solutions that
enhance the educational experience with no additional burden to
- To research and develop an engaging educational experience that
uses immersive technologies and NASA data to increase science
and math literacy.
- To capitalize on NASA Enterprise’s R&D resources to
showcase their technologies in a manner that stimulates further
educational and scientific applications of those technologies.
- To nurture educational partnership agreements and facilitate
further entrepreneurial enterprise and commercial opportunities
for the educational community.
- To contribute to a richly evolving and highly sustainable release
of NASA educational products that are replicable and scaleable
within the educational community.
- To promote exposure of NASA-developed technology, and research
and development activities into the learning environment.
Any comments, concerns, or questions should be addressed
Responsible NASA Official: Jo Ann Charleston