Hey Kid's! My name is 'N Gee and I'd like to help you learn more about
aeronautics. My friends at the NASA Ultra-Efficient Engine Technology
Program have created a special web site just for you. To take a tour
of my web site just
You should see an airplane engine surrounded by a bunch of puzzle pieces.
That's me in the right hand corner! See if you can find the answers
to all of the following questions:
Begin by clicking on the puzzle piece labeled, "What is Aeronautics?"
1. Aeronautics is the study of the ___________ of ___________.
2. List two careers in aerospace that you might like to learn more
3. Name two classes listed in "preparing for an aerospace career"
that you would have to take in high school if you wanted to become a
Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Dynamics
4. Name the four forces of flight.
5. Find a picture of a control panel from the inside of an airplane.
What number is the arrow pointing to on the direction finder? (hint:
click on it to find it out)
6. In the section "regimes of flight", look at the pictures
of the various aircraft. Name a type of aircraft that flies in the hypersonic
Time to move on! Go back to the top of the page. Click on me, 'N
Gee, to return to the home page. Then click on the "Airplanes"
7. What part of an airplane is referred to as it airfoils?
8. The main body of an airplane is called the
9. On what part of the plane are the ailerons located?
10. What do the ailerons do?
You're doing great! Let's visit my favorite section next. Engines!
Scroll on up to the top of the page and I'll take you back to the home
page. Now click on the "Engines" puzzle piece.
11. List the five main parts of a jet engine.
12. In what part of the engine is the air mixed with the fuel and ignited?
13. What type of engine did the Wright Brothers use in the first flight
of their airplane called The Flyer?
14. There are many types of jet engines. Which one is found on today's
We're almost done! Follow me back home and then click on the "History
of Flight" puzzle piece. Let's learn about some famous inventors.
15. Find the picture of the hot air balloon. What was the last
name of the two brothers who invented the first hot air balloon?
16. What is the name of the inventor who wrote a book on aerodynamics
that the Wright Brothers later used to design their aircraft? (hint:
find the black and white photo of the glider)
17. Which one of the Wright Brothers is given credit for the first
manned flight of an airplane on December 17, 1903?
WOW! You did great! Now it is time to play some games. Return to
the home page and click on "Fun and Games". Good luck!