your own plane.
Objective: The learner will create and or
modify a plane to have the longest duration and/or flight distance.
Time: Approximately 45 minutes.
Lab Observation Form
1. Students will create and name their own
plane for the longest duration and/or flight distance.
2. Students will record the flight and
distance of each plane.
3. Students will repeat this activity for
4. Students, using calculators, will find
the average of their three flights.
5. Teacher will graph the distance of each
flight. (For Class graph)
Extension: Contest: Students
will decorate their planes and display. Teacher or students will
select the most creative.
Evaluation: The recorded
information. Accuracy of averages and graphing.
Extension: Using a Computer
graphing software program or spreadsheet, graph your results.