PRINT THIS ANSWER SHEET TO FILL OUT AND TURN
Reaction of Gases - Worksheet
Beginner's Guide to Propulsion
Answer the following questions:
- Give one effect that the compressibility of air has on an
object moving through it.
- In the Animated
Gas Lab, what happens to the volume of a gas when you freeze
mass and pressure and increase the temperature? Why does
- When temperature and mass remain constant, what will happen to
the pressure when the volume of a gas is decreased? Why?
- Why does an increase in the mass of a gas increase the volume
of that gas within the chamber? (Temperature and pressure
remain constant in this example.)
- When pressure increases, which variables should remain
constant in order to observe an increase in temperature?
- Explain "Charles and Gay-Lussac's Law."
- Following this thinking, if the volume of a given mass of gas
is 5 cubic meters, what is the temperature?
- Which properties depend on the amount of gas in the
- Which formula helps us find the "specific volume" of a
- Which property of a gas causes pressure within a