PRINT THIS ANSWER SHEET TO FILL OUT AND TURN
Energy Problem Set
- A model glider has a mass of 1 kg. How much potential energy
does it have 2 meters off the ground?
- The same model has a velocity of 2.2 m/s. How much kinetic
energy does it have?
- If the same model descends 2 meters and all it's potential
energy is converted to kinetic energy, what is the glider's change
- A full-sized glider has a weight of 4,900 N, while it's pilot
has a weight of 825 N. If it is 1,000 meters off the ground, how
much potential energy do the plane and pilot have?
- The same glider from Problem 4 has a velocity of 35 m/s. How
much kinetic energy does it have?
- The same glider from Problem 4 has a velocity of 35 m/s. The
glider descends 900 meters. What is it's new velocity?
- Compare the velocity you calculated in Problem 6 to the speed
of sound. Is this answer reasonable? Why or why not?