- M.B.A., Cleveland State University
- Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, The University of Michigan
- M.E., Engineering Materials, The University of Michigan
- M.S., Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Case Western Reserve University
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University
Active Professional Affiliations:
- Development and verification of atomistic models based on the BFS method for calculating alloy energetics and the application of such models to the design and understanding of high-temperature ordered intermetallics and superalloys.
- Development of impact resistant, lightweight metals and hybrid composites for fan containment structures. And investigation of the statistical nature of impact damage.- Design and characterization of brazing and joining techniques for ordered intermetallics (NiAl, TiAl), superalloys, and stainless steels.
- Investigation of the partitioning behavior in Ni-base superalloys and various microstructural instabilities found in advanced superalloys.
- Development of NiAl alloys and other intermetallic systems for turbine engine applications.
- Development of plasma spray techniques for the production of high-strength superalloy sheet material.
- Machining of advanced materials.
- The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS):
- Member of the High Temperature Alloys Committee (1996-1999).
- Symposium Organizer:
- 'Interstitial and Substitutional Effects in Intermetallics,' Fall 1995.
- 'Interstitial and Substitutional Effects in Intermetallics II,' Fall 1998.
- 'Processing of High-Temperature Alloys,' Fall 1998.
- ASM International:
- Executive Committee member for the Cleveland Chapter of ASM International (1998-2001).
- Materials Research Society (MRS):
- Symposium Organizer - 'High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys VI', Fall 1994.
- Symposium Organizer - 'High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys IX', Fall 2000.
- Beta Gamma Sigma - International business honor society, 2000.
- NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal, 1999
- NASA Group Achievement Award for the "Computational Materials Group", 1999
- NASA Glenn Distinguished Publication Award, 1999
- Cleveland Technical Societies Council (CTSC) Award for Technical Achievement, 1998