This answer is incorrect.
Let's just look at each of the conversions and see where
you may have gone wrong.
- 96 cups = 6 gallons
- You know that each gallon equals 4 quarts therefore
6 gallons would be 24 quarts. Then each quart is 2 pints
therefore 24 quarts is equal to 48 pints. And each pint is made
up of 2 cups, therefore 48 pints would be 96
- Or you could have done the problem the other way.
There are 2 cups in one pint. There are 2 pints in one quart so
that means that there are 4 cups in one quart. There are 4
quarts in a gallon, therefore there are 16 cups in a gallon.
Therefore there are 96 cups in 6 gallons.
- 9 days = 216 hours
- You know that each day has 24 hours. Therefore 9
days times 24 hours would be 216 hours.
- Since there are 24 hours in a day you can say that
216 hours divided by 24 hours is 9 days
- 84 ounces = 7 pounds
- There are 16 ounces in each pound, therefore 7
pounds times 16 ounces is 112 ounces. Therefore the
conversation of 84 ounces = 7 pounds is
- Since there are 16 ounces in each pound you could
say that 84 ounces divided by 16 equals 5.25 pounds. Therefore
the conversation of 84 ounces = 7 pounds is
- 2 miles = 10,560 feet
- There are 5,280 feet to a mile, therefore 2 miles
times 5280 feet is equal to 10,560 feet.
- Since there are 5,280 feet in a mile you could say
10,560 feet divided by 5,280 feet is 2 miles.
Now let us try another one
Which statement is NOT correct?
Back to Proficiency Page
Please send any comments to:
Technology Related: Thomas.J.Benson@grc.nasa.gov
Responsible NASA Official:
Theresa M. Scott (Acting)