Did you know?
- Lake Huron is the second largest of the Great
Lakes and has the longest shoreline. It lies east of Lake Superior
and Lake Michigan and follows along the state of Michigan's
- Lake Huron is connected to Lake Michigan at
the Straits of Mackinac and to Lake Superior at the St. Mary's
- Large ships pass from Lake Superior into Lake
Huron through the Sault St. Marie locks . It is in this area at
Whitefish Bay that one of the most interesting maritime museums is
- Three bays extend out from Lake Huron.
Georgian Bay is the largest and was considered a separate lake by
- Lake Huron is as many feet above sea level as
Lake Michigan .
- It takes 22 years for water to be replaced in
to Great Lakes Facts