Did you know?
- Lake Erie is the shallowest and warmest of the
Great Lakes and ranks fourth in size to the other Great
- It receives water from Lakes Superior, Huron,
- Lake Erie's water levels are constantly
- Lake Erie is bordered by the states of Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New York.
- Lake Erie empties into the Niagara River and
Welland Canal. The first Welland Canal was built in 1833 with
- Along the shore of Lake Erie lie the major
cities of Cleveland, Ohio and Erie, Pennsylvania.
- Water is replaced in the shortest amount of
time in Lake Erie, only about 2.6 years.
to Great Lakes Facts