Subject: How the
force of air helps an airplane fly.
Objective: Students will use appropriately
the following terms in sentences: drag, thrust, gravity, aerodynamics
Time: Approximately 45 minutes.
Partners and large group
out "What makes a plane go up?"
1. Students will work with a partner to
list what they know about the force of air helping an airplane fly.
(Using KWL form)
2. Students will share with the whole class
and teacher will compile information on class chart.
3. Teacher will elicit responses about what
we want to know about how the force of air helps an airplane fly, and
record on class chart while students compile their own list on their
4. Teacher will give the vocabulary words
to students and they will look them up in an appropriate source.
Definitions will be written in student science log or
5. Teacher will use "What makes a plane go
up?" article and discuss the elements of force (Drag, lift, thrust,
6. Closure: Discuss the days lesson.
Evaluation: The students will
be able to accurately use vocabulary terms in context. ( drag, lift,
thrust, gravity, aerodynamics.)