Subject: Air is something
Objective: The learner will recognize
that air has the properties of mass and volume. The learner will
predict, observe, and evaluate the effect of the air on various
Time: Approximately 45
Small Group, Stations, Cooperative
3 Work Stations
Balloons (various shapes and
9x13 Pan with water
Straws (one per student)
Bubbles and Bubble Wand
sheet - with directions
1. Review matter and elicit
responses for the question, "Is air something that
2. Review together the directions for each
3. Assign stations and groups.
4. Have students follow directions at each
station and record observations.
5. Students will rotate stations on
6. Closure: Students will share their
observations with class.
Evaluation: When asked,
"What air does", students will respond correctly. Students will
describe the effect of air on various objects.
" Who Has Seen The Wind?" By: