PRINT THIS ANSWER SHEET TO FILL OUT AND TURN
CLICK HERE to return to the
Flying Farther and Faster Worksheet
- Use the Internet to find the travel time and cost for a round
trip ticket from Los Angeles to Tokyo using today's commercial
Flight time from LA to Tokyo is __________.
Cost by ________________ airline for this trip is
- The Concorde currently flies to Europe but not to Asia. The
Concorde flies at 1340 nautical miles per hour. Using the miles to
Tokyo, how many hours would the Concorde require to fly to Tokyo?
Flight time for Concorde from LA to Tokyo is _________.
- Use the Internet to find the cost for a flight on the Concorde
that is similar in hours to the trip from LA to Tokyo.
Cost for the Concorde trip is $__________.
- Using a spreadsheet, construct a chart that will show the
comparative costs for the two trips you have just researched.
Include in your sheet a cost for NASA's projected High-Speed Civil
Transport (HSCT). Calculate the cost for the HSCT at 15% above the
cost for commercial air flight. Print your spreadsheet and chart.
- Word process the answer to this question: If you were a
business traveler interested in flying from Los Angeles to Tokyo,
what would be the advantages of flying on NASA's High Speed Civil
Transport over other flight options?
Please send any comments to: