Branch Awards for 2009
NASA Honors and Peer Awards
- Michael Krasowski received a Certificate of Appreciation (Honor Award) “For outstanding electronics engineering design and development of novel circuit and communication method aimed at distributed engine control over DC Power Line”
- Mark Wernet was invited to and served on the NASA Langley Advanced Sensors and Optical Measurement Science Branch Peer Review
- Mark Wernet received a NASA Langley Center award for “Large Field of View PIV Development Team” in support of Rotorcraft work in the 14x22 ft tunnel.
- Andrew Gyekenyesi received OAI Employee Achievement Award
- Ali Abdul-Aziz received a NASA Glenn certificate of appreciation for valuable contribution as a mentor for the 2008 LERCIP.
- Ali Abdul-Aziz received a Certificate of Recognition, from NASA Advanced Stirling Convertor Team, for Significant Contributions to the development of the Advanced Stirling Convertor (ASC), September 25, 2008.
- Ali Abdul-Aziz received a letter of Recognition from Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, Office of the Editor, CMU, for contribution and performance of Highly Rated “Excellent Level” Review of Submitted Articles, October 15, 2008
- Greg Adamovsky was elected Technical Co-Chair of the AIAA Infotech@Aerospace Conference (I@A’09)
- Mark Woike received two group awards for supporting test programs in the 8x6 &10x10 tunnels
- Amy (Mielke) Fagan received a Federal Executive Board Tutoring Program Volunteer Award
- Susan Wrbanek received an “On-The-Spot” (Individual Award) 07/30/20008 for NASA Glenn Open House involvement.
Patents and Tech Brief Awards
- LEW - 18261-1 A Software Platform for Post-Processing Waveform-Based NDE Tech TracS Award; Candidate for Software of the Year for 2009. POC: Don Roth
- LEW-17814-1 – “Multiwavelength time-coincident Optical communications System and methods thereof”-, DOI 9-30-04; Patent Application 11/4128,304, US Patent, filed May 5, 2006 STATUS Awaiting 1st Office Action from USPTO, POC: John Lekki and Quang-Viet Nguyen
- LEW 18207-1 - Circuit for Communication over DC Power Line using High Temperature Electronics. Inventors: M.J. Krasowski and N. Prokop; Patent application filed June 07 2007 Patent application # 11/759,570 Awaiting 1st Office Action from USPTO
- LEW 18256- An N channel JFET based digital logic gate structure – Inventors: Michael J. Krasowski and Norman Prokop. Application filed 4/21/08; Application #12/081,762 Squire Sanders and Dempsey to draft patent application as of December 2007
- LEW – 18254-1 Simultaneous Non-contact precision measurement of microstructure and thickness variation in dialect materials using THZ energy –Inventor Don Roth, Patent Application filed 6-27-08 #12/163,382
- LEW 18048-1 – Two and three dimensional Near Infrared Subcutaneous Structure Imager Using Adaptive Nonlinear Video Processing – Michael Krasowski, Lawrence Greer, Joseph Flatico, Jenkins, Ercegovic OAI declined Being filed Patent application # Application filed 9/30/08 awaiting Application # 12/285,157
- LEW 18362-1 “Space Radiation Detector with Spherical Geometry” by John Wrbanek, Susan Wrbanek, Gustave Fralick, submitted on 4/16/2008 STATUS Application Filed 9/30/08; awaiting Application #12/285,173
NASA Tech Briefs Published
- LEW-18256-1, entitled "An N Channel JFET Based Digital Logic Gate Structure Using Resistive Level Shifters And Having Direct Application To High Temperature Silicon Carbide Electronics", published in the October 2008 issue of Tech Briefs Magazine. POC: Michael Krasowski.
- LEW-18262-1, entitled "Non-Contact Precision Measurement Of Density Variation In Dielectric Materials Using Terahertz Energy", published in the February 2009 issue of Tech Briefs Magazine. POC:
- LEW-17473-1, entitled "Photo-Driven Actuator", POC: Grigory Adamovsky, Sarkisov, S., and Curley, M. J.; December, 2008
- LEW-18317-1, entitled "A Smart Power Supply for Battery Powered Systems", POC: Mike Krasowski, Norman Prokop, Larry Greer, and Joe Flatico; selected for publication in NASA Tech Briefs magazine on Apr. 28, 2008.
Space Act Awards
- ‘Development of a High-Performance Acousto-Ultrasonic System’ POC: D. Roth, L Cosgriff and Richard Martin.
- ‘Simultaneous Non-Contact Precision Imaging of Microstructural and Thickness Variation in Dielectric Materials Using Terahertz Energy’, Don Roth
- LEW-17473-1, entitled "Photo-Driven Actuator" has been processed for a Board Action (SAA) Award. Greg Adamovsky, Sarkisov and Curley Alabama A&M