Did you know?
- Lake Michigan is located east of Lake Superior
and is the third largest of the Great Lakes. It touches the
borders of four states-Wisconsin, Illinois,Indiana and
- The world's largest freshwater dunes lie on
Lake Michigan's shoreline.
- At the southern most tip of Lake Michigan lies
the city of Chicago. Many, many people live in the city of Chicago
which is an industrial and commercial center. Small boats can
travel down the Illinois Waterway from the Chicago River into the
- On the north, Lake Michigan is connected to
Lake Huron at the Straits of Mackinac.
- Water circulates slowly in Lake Michigan
before it leaves through the Straits of Mackinac. Because of this,
it would take 99 years before water could be placed. Almost an
to Great Lakes Facts