TCGRID (Turbomachinery C-GRID) is a 3-D grid generation code for turbomachinery
blades. It can generate single or multiblock grids that are compatible
with various analysis codes including SWIFT and ADPAC. Single-block grids
can be either C-type or H-type, and can be for linear cascades or annular
blade rows. Multi-block grids use C-type grids around the blade, and can
add an H-grid in the inlet region and O-grids in the hub or tip clearance
- Linear cascades
- Axial compressors and turbines
- Isolated blade rows or multistage machines
- Centrifugal impellers and mixed flow machines (no splitters)
- Radial diffusers
- C- or H-grids around blades
- C-grid with upstream H-grids
- O-grids in hub and tip clearance regions
- Multistage machines are modeled by merging C-grids for individual
Input and output
- Blade-to-blade grids are generated with a fast elliptic solver like
- Spanwise reclustering is done using cubic splines.
- H-grids in inlet regions and O-grids in clearance gaps are generated
- Namelist input
- Hub and casing geometries input in (z,r) coordinates
- Blade geometries input in general (z,r,th) coordinates, or MERIDL
formats (z,r,th1,th2) or (z,r,th1-th2)
- New monotone splines follow slope discontinuities without overshoots
Grid & Debug Output
- Input parameters
- Convergence information for blade-to-blade grids
- Spanwise output of inlet, leading edge, trailing edge, and exit coordinates
- Index file with grid size information for SWIFT
- Grid files are written as binary data in standard PLOT3D format
- Intermediate grid files can be output for debug or other purposes.
These files include reclustered blade coordinates, the 2-D throughflow
grid, and 2-D blade-to-blade grids.
Computer and graphics requirements
Tcgrid requires a Fortran 90 compiler and CFD visualization software for
use. Click the button below for more information.
Test cases included with TCGRID 400
Click on a preview image below to open a larger image in your browser.
Use your < Back > button to return to this screen.
NASA rotor 37
Goldman annular turbine cascade
NASA stage 35
SSME 2-stage fuel turbine
NASA rotor 67
H-grid for the large low-speed centrifugal impeller